Monday, May 18, 2009

Good-bye



Last week Cole's uncle Ben passed away. He was 6 months away from his 80th birthday. Sadly I only got to meet Ben once. But I've heard many many many stories about him so I feel as if I know him better then I do.

This is what his obituary says..

Benjamin John Kenneth Duffey 11/26/1929 ~ 5/14/2009 Benjamin John Kenneth Duffey our beloved Father, Grandfather, Brother, and Uncle is now at peace after passing away in his home on May 14 2009. Preceded in death by his sister Betty Robison, parents Benjamin Isaac and Venetta. Survived by his four children Travis, Calin, Rick, and Sherry, seven grandchildren, his brother Bob and wife Brenda, and sister Gloria Ginn. Graveside Service: 2 p.m. Wed. May 20, 2009 at Utah Veterans Memorial Park, 17111 So. Camp Williams Road, Camp Williams, Utah - 801-254-9036
My heart just achs for Travis and his kids Trevor and Tiffany. They were living with Ben. I can't even imagine what Cole's dad is going through. I talked to him mom last night and she said he's been doing a lot of talking about the past. When they were younger and the hunting trips they went on. We go camping the same place they used to so I think this year we'll have to make a special trip there and make some kind of memorial for him.
My poor husband. He's never been on to show emotion but I know this is really huting him. My poor rose bushes show it. He trimed them the night after it happened and he cut away half the bushes. Every now and then I'll see him wipe away some tears. He has been my rock so many times and now it's my turn to be his.
Rest In Peace Uncle Ben!!! We love you!!

Irish Blessing
May the roads rise up to meet you,
May the winds always be at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your feilds,
And until we meet again
May god hold you in the hollow
of his hand.

No comments: