Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pumpkin Fun



My mom and dad grew pumpkins for the kids this year. Every time we went to their house the kids would look at the growing pumpkins and say "wow look how big they are getting" "that one is mine" "1, 2, 3,.....26". Then came the day the kids have been waiting for, Papa harvested the pumpkins. I got a call from my mom Friday night saying "they are ready come and get em" So Saturday (10-11) we went and picked up our pumpkins....all 6 of them.



When Cole got home from work Austin had to show daddy all the pumpkins. He even told him which pumpkins were whos. They were all out on the porch but then ended up in the house. At the moment they are all on my coffee table. Last night Austin being the kid he is wanted to carve a pumpkin, as he put it "put a face on pumpkin". 8pm last night Cole and Austin carved a pumpkin. AUSTIN LOVED IT!! Cole scraped the insides and Austin pulled out all the guts. Then when he was done we roasted the seeds. Austin has already ate half the seeds. Cole and Austin lite the pumpkin and put it out side last night. Then this morning the first thing Austin did was bring his pumpkin back in the house.













Although watching my husband and son carve a pumpkin was entertaining, the best part was watching my baby girl. Her reactions were hillarious. She watched their every move.














She wanted to check out the pumpkins so bad so daddy let her play with HER pumpkin. She was all about "exploring" it. She licked it, kissed it and even tried to bite it.





I wanted to get a couple of pictures of the kids with the pumpkins before they were carved. They both loved taking picures with the pupkins. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to know that I get to share the holidays with MY kids and to create memories with my family.













Austin kept saying "Mama take my picture" It was cute!















Even our cat Baby Girl got in on the action

2 comments:

JaMean said...

Did the cat EAT the pumpkin guts?!?!

lol Looks like awesome fun!!!

princesst92703 said...

she licked it but didn't bite it